The Weston Public Schools Instrumental Music Program uses an exciting tool in the band and orchestra curriculum, grades 3-12. SmartMusic is a software program that helps students receive, practice and submit their school music assignments from home.
• Students practice with background accompaniment and get visual and audio feedback on each assignment, which makes practice more meaningful and productive.
• SmartMusic motivates students to continue practicing to improve their scores, similar to a video game, which makes practice more fun.
• I can provide more individualized attention for your child with SmartMusic’s assignment features, including notes of encouragement.
• Parents have access to their student’s progress 24/7.
SmartMusic is fully integrated into the band and orchestra curriculum. We ask that all students purchase a subscription for their home computers. If this is not possible, the student should speak with their music teacher about alternate accommodations.
What is needed to use Smart Music?
SmartMusic works on your PC or Mac and requires an internet connection to activate your subscription and receive assignments on-line. A microphone is also required. If you do not already have one, we suggest that you order a SmartMusic microphone. This special microphone has a clip that allows it to be attached to an instrument or student’s shirt while practicing. The SmartMusic microphones are also sometimes more sensitive and responsive, which makes the assessment and recording features work better. System requirements and support contacts are listed at www.smartmusic.com/support.
What is the cost?
The one-year subscription costs $40.00 per student. Each student must purchase an individual subscription, but each subscription may be used on any number of devices (including iPad). Additionally, external microphones for PC/Mac can be purchased online through SmartMusic.
Families with multiple students using Smartmusic may apply a discount to each subscription due to the new pricing model. Interested families should contact customer service at 866-240-4041
Instructions for Ordering SmartMusic
• Place your order at www.smartmusic.com by clicking on the Buy Now button. All you will need is a PC or a Macintosh with an Internet connection. Complete system requirements are listed at www.smartmusic.com/support.
• To get started, just follow the on-screen instructions for installation and activation. Your e-mail address is required to activate SmartMusic and so that I can send your child messages to encourage them, along with assignments and lesson reminders.
Smart Music Questions? Contact technical support online at www.smartmusic.com/support or by calling 866-240-4041.
How do I check my (student's) grades?
Click here to log into your account.