It’s hard to believe we are half way through the year! As we move forward it is a good time to revisit time management tips to help ensure that your seventh grader is working effectively.
- Students should use their agenda each day. They are expected to take the initiative to record daily assignments.
- Parents should encourage their child to check homeworknow.com to verify what they have recorded in the agenda.
- Encourage your child to advocate for themselves to be sure that they are apprised of upcoming tests, assignments, and projects.
- For those students who have study halls during the day, they should use this time as opportunity to see teachers for extra help or makeup work. Additionally, this study hall time should be used to initiate homework. Study hall time is also an opportunity to use the library for research purposes.
- When available, students should take advantage of extra help sessions, review sessions and retakes / test corrections when applicable.
- On nights when homework is lighter, students should review work or plan ahead for long term assignments.
- Students should review and practice their test taking strategies using their class notes, templates, and study guides provided by their teachers.
- Parents should provide a calendar at home where students can record long term assignments, tests, and presentation dates.
- 7th Grade is a year for students to take the initiative to complete work efficiently. However, parents should continue to monitor homework preparation and organization.