Privileges by Grade
Students who have and maintain good attendance, discipline and academic records are eligible for a number
of privileges. Before any of the privileges go into effect, students must have a signed parental permission slip
initialed by the Assistant Principal and on file in the Attendance Office. The guidelines for having and
maintaining good attendance, discipline and academic records include the following:
• Academic good standing: No D's, F's, Incomplete's or N's.
• No unexcused absences.
• No more than three unexcused tardy-to-school violations per quarter.
• No class cuts.
• No violations of academic integrity rules.
• No behavioral problems resulting in being asked to leave a class, study, or the library.
• No outstanding Saturday Schools, unless rescheduled with parental phone call and approval of Assistant
• No suspensions.
NOTE: While most of these refer to the current year, a pattern of violations from the previous year can result
in denial of these privileges.
Privileges by Grade
Applications for permission for the following privileges are available through the Attendance Office:
• 9th graders: Frees in lieu of assigned Study Halls, beginning towards the end of fourth quarter.
• 10th graders: Permission to drive to school and park in the Student Lot, beginning in May after the
seniors leave on their internships. Cars must be registered with the Attendance Office every year.
• 10th-12th graders: Frees in lieu of assigned Study Halls (permission slip not required).
• 11th graders: 1) Approval to arrive after the start of the school day, so long as they leave enough time to
report to the Attendance Office to sign in, collect messages, and arrive on time to their first scheduled
class. 2) Approval to leave school after their last assigned class of the day, after signing out in the
Attendance Office. These privileges begin when the seniors leave for their internships in May and after the application has been read and signed by parents, students and administration.
• 11th-12th graders: Permission to drive to school and park in the student lot, after registering their cars
in the Attendance Office. (See Section XIII, Motor Vehicles) Students must re-register every year.
• 12th graders: 1) Seniors may arrive after the start of school, so long as they leave enough time to report
to the Attendance Office to sign in, collect messages, and arrive on time to their first scheduled class.
2) Seniors may leave school after their last assigned class of the day, after signing out in the
Attendance Office. 3) During the second semester only and after completing an additional
permission slip, seniors may leave during an unassigned block (except the 30 minute lunch break)
when they have no other obligations to the school. They must sign out and in at the Attendance Office
each time they leave campus.
click here to view or download the entire Student Parent Handbook