1. If you plan on taking a trip during school hours students must fill out and have signed by their parent or guardian an official field trip permission slip.
2. It is against Weston policy to have students driving students.
3. It is against Weston policy to have teachers driving students.
4. Buses can be arranged through the district Transportation Coordinator @ (781) 529-8055
1. To have a dance you must complete the following forms:
• Chaperone Sign-up
• Dance Contracts for each student (revised for 10-11)
2. All forms need to be approved by the Student Activities office two weeks in advance.
3. All publicity should be cleared through an adult advisor or the Student Activities office.
4. An adult advisor should arrange police presence two weeks in advance; contact information is attached.
5. Class events are an attempt to encourage class bonding; non-Weston students may not attend class dances. Private school students may be an exception.
6. A minimum of four chaperones are required, two must be faculty members, preferably the class faculty advisors.
7. Early pick-ups must be arranged by a parent ahead of time.
8. There is no re-entry for participants once they have left an event.
General Event Info:
1. Use your judgment when arranging for chaperones for events other than dances. One adult for every 25 students is an appropriate guideline, with a minimum of two chaperones per event.
2. Obtain police presence for any event in town when more than 30 kids are expected, when parking is expected to be an issue, or when a potential conflict may arise (i.e., rivalry sporting events).
3. All events should be cleared with the Student Activities office to determine if an additional administrator should be present. Faculty Advisors are “acting administrators” at all class events.
4. The Student Activities web site has a lot of information for you. Please use it frequently. I expect to be able to find your latest plans and minutes posted in a timely manner.
If your club is having an activity that involves money, please follow this procedure:
Go to the Main Office and see Ms. Poller. Her hours are 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. every day.
Return to the Main office to see Ms. Poller on the date you have requested the cash box. She will hand it to you.
If your club requires a bill be paid or someone be reimbursed for an item bought for the club, you need to get the form from the basket on Ms. Poller's desk called "Extraclassroom Activity Funds".
If you want a report of your club's activity please stop by and see Ms. Poller. It usually can be provided the same day.
Any questions, please feel free to see Ms. Poller in the main office.
Faculty Advisors sign everything that pertains to events. Next, the signed forms are delivered to Anthony Parker (he has a box just inside his office). Once he signs the contract (only Mr. Parker can sign contracts), Diane Kaskon will send it to the appropriate Case House contact. To close the loop, Case House will copy all approved/signed contracts back to Faculty Advisors.
Sharon Poller (main office) writes checks drawn on class funds. Please request a check as soon as you know you need one. Please do not use personal credit cards to make deposits.
The transportation office (781-529-8055) requests that faculty advisors make all arrangements for bus transportation. Ask for Angel, she is the contact for Transportation. Any verbal request must be followed by a written request; forms are available in the Main Office
Using the Town Green
Use of the town green requires contacting Liz Zeytoonjian, Town Manager and providing her information about your event so she may contact/alert the appropriate parties:
781-893-7320 Ext. 308
The Following people will learn of your plans:
• Joe Daniel, Fire Chief
• Steve Shaw, Police Chief
• Bill O’Neil, Parks and Cemeteries
• Jerry McCarty, Buildings and Grounds
• Bob Hoffman, DPW
• Doug Mc Dougal, Dept. of Recreation
• Wendy Diotaleui, Board of Health
To obtain the appropriate permits, you must follow-up with individually:
• Bill O’Neil: 781-893-1263 Ext. 16
• Doug McDougal: 781-529-0203 Ext. 206