The Weston Education Enrichment Fund Committee is a sub-committee of the Weston School Committee. Formed in 1985, WEEFC's mission is to award enrichment grants for programming which falls outside of the annual school budget, as requested by administrators, teachers, and students, subject to School Committee approval.
Our grant application process is new and the time table will be important to follow. Here are the steps:
1) Have an initial conversation with building leadership.
2) Complete this application.
3) The initial concept and budget will be reviewed by the Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction and the Assistant Superintendent for Finance and Operations.
4) If approved to continue as a WEEFC grant, a printed copy of the proposal will be returned to the originator with a page for collecting signatures and budget details, as needed.
5) The printed copy, with detailed budget and signatures, is brought to the Curriculum Office at Case House for final administrator approvals.
6) The Assistant Superintendent presents grant proposals to the WEEFC Board. If the grant proposal request is for more than $5000, the grant writer makes the presentation to the WEEFC Board.
7) If approved, the Assistant Superintendent presents the grant proposals to School Committee for final approval.
8) An award letter is mailed from the Curriculum Office to the grant recipient.
The chart that follows shows the timeline as signed proposals move from concept to WEEFC to School Committee for their discussions and approvals.